Archive for the ‘Troubleshooting’ category

Here’s a sidetrack from my usual SharePoint posts. Hopefully by reposting my cry for help on the atrixforums.com, I can generate some traffic and get Motorola and AT&T to notice a glitch in their new Gingerbread update to the Atrix phones out there.   Problem: Forward Emails Infinite Loop after GB update After updating to […]

I recently noticed this error on the SharePoint 2010 Front End Web server: Event ID: 7043 Source: SharePoint Foundation Details: Load control template file /_controltemplates/TaxonomyPicker.ascx failed: Could not load type ‘Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.TaxonomyPicker’ from assembly ‘Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c’. A quick search online proved that this is easy to fix: Navigate to 14 Hive (/14/TEMPLATS/ControlTemplates/TaxonomyPicker.ascx) user control […]

I’ve recently ran into a peculiarity with getting SSL set up for an existing WSS 3.0 site: They quit working after I run IISRESET. While there have been many different blog posts out there seemingly with the right answer, they haven’t worked 100% in my case. Below is what I have discovered to work along […]

Just recently some end users noted that subsites on our SharePoint (WSS 3.0) simply gave the end user the following error: Even my Central Admin was down with the same problem! After modifying my web.config to allow more detailed error, (I did this first on my SCA to avoid showing detailed errors to end users) […]

I wanted to create a development version of our Production SharePoint site so I can experiment with custom applications we are developing. This full backup and restore process would also give us practice on disaster recovery. While most of the backup/restore process went smoothly, I found that the core.css style was missing. After much searching […]

We’ve recently had a problem with our front-end MOSS server that didn’t really cause waves in SharePoint except an occasional error message to the end user. The error logs on the server were consistently showing these three errors (in this order) every 15-30 minutes. I suspect the frequency of this problem would be much higher […]