I’ve observed that recently I have to repeatedly input my username and password when logging on as well as downloading files from a SharePoint 2007 or WSS 3.0 website. Without much research, I assume that this has something to do with recent updates from Microsoft that change the security settings of Internet Explorer 7.
It fix this annoyance, I simply added the SharePoint site to my “Intranet Zone” in Internet Explorer 7’s options. Here’s how:
- First, simply navigate to the SharePoint or WSS site (I’ll use SharePointPanda in this example)
- Click on Tools and choose Internet Options
- Click the Security Tab, then choose Local Intranet and click Sites:
- Click the Advanced button:
- Make sure the site you want to access is entered properly in the field and click Add:
(If you didn’t navigate to the site in step 1, you can alternately type in the web address as well)
- Click Close, then OK twice to exit out of all the dialog boxes and finish making changes to your Internet Options.
Now you should only be required to log in to your SharePoint site once per session instead of on every item download!